Key Dates for 2024 Campaign
- Application Opening: Week of September 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 10, 2024 (inclusive)
- Results Announcement: Week of April 1, 2024
Understanding the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
Developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this scholarship program aims to provide annual training to future foreign leaders, both in the public and private sectors, by offering degree programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. It’s important to note that applications for this scholarship can only be submitted by French higher education institutions.
The France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program is a powerful tool to help French higher education institutions attract the brightest international students to master’s and doctoral (PhD) programs. It focuses on training future foreign leaders in priority areas of study, aligning with the current global demands.
Areas of Study
The scholarship covers seven areas of study in two main disciplinary fields:
For Science and Technology:
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
For Humanities and Social Sciences:
- History, French language, and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
Levels of Study
Institutions participating in the France Excellence Eiffel program are open to enrolling candidates in various levels of study:
- Courses leading to a master’s degree
- Engineering programs
- Joint doctoral programs (in collaboration with a partner institution abroad)
Duration of the Scholarship
For master’s level candidates, the scholarship can last for:
- Up to 12 months when enrolling in an M2
- Up to 24 months when enrolling in an M1
- Up to 36 months when completing an engineering degree
For doctoral-level candidates, the scholarship extends from a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 36 months, starting on September 1 of the award year.
For master’s-level scholarship holders, the France Excellence Eiffel program provides a monthly allowance of €1,181, along with several additional services such as international and national transportation, insurance, housing support, and cultural activities.
Doctoral-level scholarship recipients receive a monthly stipend of €1,700, combined with similar services as the master’s level scholarship.
Please note that tuition fees are not covered by the scholarship program.
How to Apply for the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship
The application process involves two critical steps:
- First Step: Connect with Campus France in your home country or the French Embassy’s Cooperation and Cultural Action Department for guidance on your study plans. Explore the procedures and deadlines for submitting your application through the international relations department of a French institution that aligns with your academic goals.
- Second Step: The institution you choose will be your support system for the France Excellence Eiffel scholarship application. They will submit your application via the dedicated Campus France website. Remember, applications sent directly by students or foreign institutions will be deemed ineligible.
Now that you’re armed with this comprehensive information, you’re ready to embark on your journey to further education in France through the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program. APPLY TODAY!